Hey girl hey! I hear all the time how annoying it is to deal with mascara that smudges. It’s probably one of the biggest complaints I hear from friends and clients alike. In fact, my most requested product suggestion is “a good mascara that doesn’t end up all over my face at the end of the day.” What if I told you that this could be any mascara that you already have in your makeup bag? In today’s post, I’m giving you my secret to preventing smudging mascara!
I cannot tell you how much I hate waterproof mascara. I refuse to wear it. I know it “doesn’t smudge” and “always stays on,” but my most loved mascara does the same for me when I do this trick I’m about to show you! You can go ahead and throw out every waterproof mascara you own, because this trick takes 30 seconds or less and keeps your mascara on your lashes and off your face!
What you need
- Your favorite mascara–mine is a toss-up between Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara and Younique’s Epic Mascara.
- A clean mascara wand or spoolie. These are the ones I use!
- A finger (preferably yours, but I’m not judging)
- First, apply your mascara however you want. I like to wiggle my brush back and forth to get the most volume, but you do you, boo! Do this one eye at a time! Don’t move onto the next eye.
- Next, take a spoolie brush or clean mascara wand and brush through your lashes. This helps to break up any clumps or excess product. The excess product is why your mascara is smudging, so this helps to remove all that mess.
- Last, take your finger and lightly wipe it over your lashes in an upward motion, almost like you’re putting mascara on with your finger. This will help to soak up any last bit of excess. You should have mascara on your finger when you’re done.
- Repeat with the other eye.
That is literally it! Do you struggle with mascara smudging? What’s your favorite mascara? Let me know in the comments below!